Repair and Leasing Scheme
A key component of the Rebuilding Ireland Action Plan for Housing and Homelessness is a new scheme, the Repair and Leasing Scheme, recently announced by Mr. Simon Coveney TD, the Minister for Housing, Planning, Community & Local Government.
The Scheme targets owners of vacant properties as a possible source of social housing, enables funding to support necessary repairs to vacant properties and also provides the property owners with an income stream that may, otherwise, be unavailable.
The maximum cost of repairs to a vacant property under the Scheme is €40,000.
The Scheme has a number of specific requirements including:
- The property has to be vacant for at least 12 months
- There must be a social housing demand for the property
- The property must be assessed as being viable to provide social housing
- The minimum lease term is 10 years, 15 years or 20 years depending on the cost of the repair works
- The lease payment is based on 80% (85% for apartments) of the current market rental rates in the property location.
- A further adjustment to the lease payment is made to off-set the cost of the repair works until the cost of the works has been repaid.
A Frequently Asked Questions document and Expressions of Interest Forms are available on Kilkenny County Council's website at www.kilkennycoco.ie.
Please contact Kilkenny County Council Housing Section for further details at 056 7794976/056 7794936 or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org .
You may also complete and return an Expression of Interest Form (available on www.kilkennycoco.ie) to;
Kilkenny County Council,
Repair & Leasing Scheme,
John's Green House,
Repair& Leasing Scheme Expression of interest form
Repair & Leasing Scheme - FAQ's