Kilkenny County Council
Draft Noise Action Plan 2019 - 2023
Notice is hereby given that Kilkenny County Council proposes to update the County's Noise Action Plan.
Kilkenny County Council is an Action Planning Authority with noise action planning duties as set out under Article 11 of the Environmental Noise Regulations 2006, S.I. No. 140 of 2006. The Noise Action Plan implements requirements as set out in the Regulations to avoid, prevent or reduce on a prioritised basis the harmful effects, including annoyance, due to exposure to environmental noise.
It is important to note Kilkenny's only major noise source for the purpose of this plan is major roads.
This document does not relate to general noise nuisance from domestic, commercial or environmental sources. Information on general noise nuisance can be found on the Council's website under Services>Environment>Noise.
A copy of the Draft Noise Action Plan 2019 - 2023 may be inspected at http://consult.kilkenny.ie/
Hard copies are available at the following locations:
- Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny City Municipal District Office, City Hall, High Street, Kilkenny
- Kilkenny County Council, Piltown Municipal District Office, Ferrybank Shopping Centre, Ferrybank, Co. Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny County Council, Castlecomer Municipal District Office, Kilkenny Street, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny City Municipal District Rural Office, Ladyswell, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny City Municipal District Rural Office, Clonmel Road, Callan, Co. Kilkenny.
Submissions may be made from Monday 28th May to Wednesday 25th July, 2018:
- online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie/ or
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing to Mr. Sean McKeown, Director of Services, Environment, Planning & Economic Services.
Submissions received will be taken into consideration when finalising the Noise Action Plan 2019-2023.
Please note that a summary of the submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council's consultation website during the plan making period.
Any information collected will be treated in line with Kilkenny County Council's Data Protection Policy. Under Freedom of Information Legislation, every person has the legal right to access official records held by public bodies prescribed under the Act.
Submissions must be received by 5pm on Wednesday the 25th July 2018.
Mr. Sean McKeown
Director of Services
21st May 2018